Route I – Foundation course
- Register with board of studies after appearing in class XII examination till June30/Dec31 for eligibility in november/May foundation examination respectively. However class XII should pass before appearing for Foundation exam.
Example: Candidate has appeared Class XII examination in Mar-2016, he/she can eligible for applying CA foundation course till 30-jun-16/31-Dec-16 for appearing in Nov-16/May-17 examination respectively.
- Qualify foundation course
- register with the BoS for the intermediate course
- Complete 8 months of study course.
- Appear and pass in either or both groups of intermediate course.
Example: Let me continue with the same illustration and assume that candidate has completed all the exams in the first attempt, If candidate has appeared for Nov-16 Examination and respective results will come out in Jan-17. So such candidate has to register with the board for intermediate course till Feb-17 end for appearing the Nov-17 Examination.
- Successfully complete four weeks “Integrated course on information technology and soft skills(ICITSS) before commencement of the practical training.
- Register for three years practical training on passing the either or both the groups intermediate course.
Example: In Continuation with the same example, Candidate has appeared Nov-17 Intermediate examination and respective results will come out around last week of Feb-18. And four weeks ICITSS should complete before commencement of the practical training. In this case last date for enrollment for 3 years practical training is 30-Apr-18.
- Register for the final course after qualifying both the groups of intermediate course.
- Successfully complete four weeks advanced ICITSS during the last two years of the practical training.
- Complete practical training.
- Appear in final examination after completion of practical training.
- Become Member
Attention: ICAI has decided in principle the above mentioned scheme. However, the scheme will be notified in the official Gazatte in due course
Route II – Direct Entry Route
The ICAI allows the following candidates to enter directly in to intermediate level
- Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates- Minimum 55% Marks
- other Graduates/Post graduates- Minimum 60% marks
- Intermediate qualified CMA & CS students.
The following steps are required to be undertaken by the eligible candidates under this route:
- Register with the board of studies for the intermediate course (provisional registration allowed to the students doing final year of graduation)
- Successfully complete four weeks integrated course on information technology and soft skills(ICITSS) before commencement of the practical training.
- Register for three years practical training
- Appear in intermediate examination after 9 months of the practical training.
- Qualify intermediate course.
- Register for the final course after qualifying both groups of intermediate course.
- successfully completed four weeks advanced ICITSS during the two years of practical training.
- Complete practical training.
- Appear in final examination after completion of the practical training and advanced ICITSS.
- Become Member.
Click here for New Syllabus