- In case you are filling the application for reserving the name for a new company, then fill the Part A, B and C of the eForm.
- In case you are filling the eForm for change of name of an existing company, then fill the Part B, C and D of the eForm.
Part A: Reservation of name for incorporation of a new company
Details of applicant (In case the applicant has been allotted DIN, then it is mandatory to enter such DIN)
- Enter the details of the applicant who is applying for reservation of name.
- Enter an approved DIN in case the applicant has been allotted DIN else enter valid Income tax permanent account number (PAN) or passport number of the applicant
- On clicking the Pre-Fill button, system will automatically display the name and residential address- in case DIN is entered and other particulars of the applicant are required to be entered.
- In case of Income-tax PAN & passport number, all particulars are required to be entered. The name shall be verified by clicking on Verify Details button in case PAN is mentioned by the user.
- In case of Passport number, prefix the number with zero(s) (0) to make it a 12 digit number. Example: 0000E1234567
Select the class of the proposed company.
- In case of a proposed section 8 company, Private (One Person Company) cannot be selected. OPC class of the proposed company can be selected only in case of category ‘New Company (others)’.
- OPC and section 8 company cannot be unlimited company.
Select the sub-category of proposed company.
- In case the class of company selected is Private (One Person Company), one of the following options need to be selected:
- Non-Government company
- Guarantee and association company
- In case the category of company selected is limited by guarantee then, Guarantee and association company option can only be selected.
Note: The details entered in eForm INC-1 cannot be changed at the time of filing eForm INC-2 for incorporation of OPC or eForm INC-7 for Incorporation of any other company or eForm INC-12 for grant of license. Therefore, ensure that particulars entered in this eForm are correct.
Name of the State/Union territory in which the proposed company is to be registered
- Select the state and office of the Registrar of Companies in which the proposed company is to be registered.
- In case the company has to be registered in the state of Maharashtra or Tamil Nadu, select the concerned Registrar of Companies having jurisdiction on district in which the registered office of the company will be situated
Details of promoter(s)
Enter the number of promoter(s)
- In case of OPC:
- Minimum and maximum only one person who is an individual can be a promoter.
- Ensure that the applicant is promoter.
- Only individual who is an Indian citizen and resident of India can be a promoter.
- In case of private companies other than OPC, minimum number of promoters should be two.
- In case of a Public company, minimum number of promoters should be seven.
- Based on the number entered here, blocks for entering the details of promoters shall be displayed. Details of maximum seven promoter(s) can be filed through this eForm. If the total number is more than seven, then details of remaining person(s) can be provided as an optional attachments.
- On clicking the Pre-Fill button, system will automatically display the name of the promoter in case of DIN or CIN or FCRN.
- For all other cases name of the promoter is required to be entered.
Part B. Particulars about the proposed name(s)
- The applicant needs to mention the number of names to propose for the company. The maximum limit allowed is six.
- Enter the proposed name (in order of preference).
- The illustrative list of names based on the type of company is as follows:
- In case of an one person company – ABC (OPC) Private Limited
- In case of a private limited company – ABC Private Limited
- In case of a public limited company – ABC Limited
- In case of a producer company – ABC Producer Company Limited
- In case of a Company licensed under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 – ABC
- In case of an Unlimited liability company – ABC Unlimited
- Please state the significance of the key or coined word used in the proposed name. It is mandatory to mention why such word is proposed in the name.
- If the proposed name is or has used any word in any vernacular language eg: Hindi, Marathi, Tamil etc., then please mention the language
- Enter appropriate response whether proposed name is in resemblance with any class of Trade Mark Rules, 2002.If Yes, Please specify the Class(s) of trade mark
- Select from the list, the class of Trade Mark to which the proposed name has resemblance with.User can select multiple options up to 5.
- Enter appropriate response whether proposed name based on a registered trademark or is subject matter of an application pending for registration under the Trade Marks Act.
- If Yes, furnish particulars of trade mark or application and the approval of the applicant or owner of the trademark
- In case proposed name is similar to any existing company, user is required to specify CIN of such existing company and system will pre-fill the name of the company and in case of foreign holding company, name of the foreign holding company is required to be mentioned.
Whether the proposed name including the phrase ‘Electoral trust’
- Affidavit to the effect that the name to be obtained shall be only for the purpose of registration of companies under Electoral Trust Scheme as notified by the CBDT. Electoral trust name can be proposed in case of section 8 company only.
Part C. Names requiring Central Government approval
- In case the proposed name includes such words or expressions like Board, Commission, Authority, Undertaking, National etc. for which the previous approval of Central Government is required, then select Yes option
Part D. Reservation of name for change of Name by an Existing Company(b)
- Follow the instructions in forms
- The Verify details button appears on the eForm will verify the name of the applicant with the Income-tax PAN as entered by the applicant.
- Click this document to browse and select a document that needs to be attached to the eForm. All the attachments should be scanned in pdf format. You have to click the attach button corresponding to the document you are making an attachment. In case you wish to attach any other document, please click the optional attach button.
- You can view the attachments added to the eForm in the List of attachment field.
To remove any attachment from the eForm, select the attachment in the List of attachment field and click the Remove attachment button.
- Click the Check Form button after, filling the eForm. System performs form level validation like checking if all mandatory fields are filled. System displays the errors and provides you an opportunity to correct errors.
- Correct the highlighted errors.
- Click the Check Form button again and. system will perform form level validation once again. On successful validations, a message is displayed “Form level pre scrutiny is successful”.
Note: The Check Form functionality does not require Internet connectivity.
- The Modify button is enabled, after you have checked the eForm using the Check Form button.
To make changes to the filled and checked form:
1. Click the Modify button.
2. Make the changes to the filled eForm.
3. Click the Check Form button to check the eForm again.
- After checking the eForm, click the Prescrutiny button.
- System performs some checks and displays errors, if any.
- Correct the errors.
- Click the Prescrutiny button again. If there are no errors, a message is displayed “No errors found”.
Note: Attach the digital signature by clicking on the box appearing on the signature field.